- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages.
- Maintain and improve websites.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Design mobile-based features.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and clients.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes.
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Perform other duties as requested.
The Front-end web developer will be working under the supervision and support of Motoon Web Development Lead.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Required skills and experience:
No one knows it all, but these are the kinds of things we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or any relevant field.
- Good command of English, spoken and written.
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer.
- Hands on experience with markup languages.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Practical skills of technical documentation and research.
- Analytical problem solving.
- Inquisitive mind and quick learner.
- Self motivated with good time management and minimal needs for supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respectful and mindful to other cultures and personal choices.
- Team player.
- Bonus points:
- Knowledge of Drupal front end development and theme development is a huge plus.
- Experience with SASS or LESS, JS Frontend frameworks (React.js, Angular.js) will each add weight to overall evaluation.
Send a resume and a letter of intent to [email protected] with the title “Front-end Web Developer position”. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email.